Ceph Unified Storage
Software Defined, Ceph Unified Storage
Ceph is gaining popularity because it is unique and the only storage solution that delivers four critical capabilities:
- open-source: it equates to lower cost and no vendor lock in from either a software or hardware perspective.
- software-defined, scale out architecture: provides deployment flexibility and can be deployed on standard HW server configurations, which equates to lower cost.
- enterprise-class: includes features that are required to deploy and store enterprise workloads, including data availability and data protection and recovery.
- unified storage (object, block, file). Provides flexibility and simplified management.
The Benefits of SIAS’s OpenStack Ceph Unified Storage
- Next generation Unified storage software defined storage system
- Block, File and Object Storage
- Scale-out: multiple Ceph storage nodes cooperate to present a single storage system that increase both performance and capacity at the same time.
- Fully integrated with OpenStack Infrastructure as a Service
- Most Popular Use Cases are: Big Data Analytics with Hadoop,Rich Media & archival, Sync & Share, and Enterprise Virtualization
- Enterprise features including: replication, snapshots, thin provisioning and auto-tiering